About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

bird feeder

This morning was a tune up morning.
I paid a visit to our beloved family physician.
My body has been a bit of a wreck from the seeds sewn and birthed.
Check in's and check up's are necessary and important.

After the loss of our boys...
Birds and brothers have become quite important in our home. 
They mean something different to our hearts than they used to.
Just the image of a bird... feeds something deep within.
Out of that nourishment comes desire...
To return the gift.
My Spirit is quickened whenever I see a bird...
Beautiful ones take my breath away...
Wounded ones... 
They capture my attention...
Stirring wild ache within.
There is nothing like the song of a bird.

While in Ohio I enjoyed many private walks...
On one in particular...
I had a divine meeting...
A small-winged friend was lying on my path...
Bruised and unable to fly.
It literally struck me with grief.
I stood on the sidewalk.
I spoke healing over the bird...
Over the broken places...
I encouraged it to fly.
Amazingly... it did try...
Scaring me half to death.
I continued on in earnest.
In my presence it did not soar.
I walked on in wrestling hope.
Burning with desire...
Wanting this imperfect vessel...
To be filled...
 Offering feasts for all of God's treasures.

I have been a bit like my bird-friend this week.
Wings a little shaky...
Needy.
Thankful for a doctor-brother...
Singing hope... restoring.
Standing STILL on the sidewalk of my life...
Tenderly feeding by the handful...
Truth... love... encouragement...
HOPE... back into me.

What an honor to serve This God!
A sparrow cannot fall without Him noticing.
What matters to Him...
Matters to me...
And because I matter to him...
I matter to others.
We are ALL invited to learn how to feed...
Thankful for divine visits...
Brother-doctors administering sozo to the wounded.
For appointments that feel more like bible study...
Than a physical exam.
And... for prayers offered as the preferred prescription.
So so thankful.
It is a call.
A reminder...
Stop for the one...
Feed with great care...
Do not hurry!

Miracles happen when we seed...
In the slow of The Son's love.

Standing and smiling....
In awe of the Ultimate Bird Feeder.
Seeing my lack...
He abundantly fills...
My song of thanks...
I sing.




No comments:

Post a Comment