About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

hidden

In our DNA.
Buried deep within...
Is a desire...
A longing...
To be hidden.
It's how He created us.
Little people...
Hardwired to dwell in His shelter.

So often choosing to search out places...
Creating distance...
Spaces in the dark.
Protecting what we have found...
Pushing back... the hands that beckon...
Us out of the tight spaces that confine.

We use every tool we can think of...
Trying to protect this fortress of fallacy...
Wearing the shiny signet of the king of lies.

We hide in wrong places.
I've done it since a small child.
Embellishing the walls around...
Making a storehouse of goods.
Appearing...
Beautiful...
Inviting to others.
The story in my heart offered a different picture...
I was stuck in the traps...

I set for myself.

Learning only in recent years...
Exposure is the key...
Unlocking the door to darkness...
Ushering us into His marvelous light.

For though I was meant to hide...
I wasn't meant to create the shelter.

Awe-filled, broken and blessed...
That our good Papa loves us SO MUCH.
He created us to hide in HIM...
And... as I get lost in the maze of walls...
He seeks me...
Wooing and romancing me...
 OUT...
Longing for me to return...
To Hide in The Tabernacle of His TRUTH and GRACE.
The place I was designed to dwell...
The strength of His loving hand.

Rock of ages cleft for me... 
Let me hide myself....
ONLY in Thee.










1 comment:

  1. So precious. And you have the prettiest buckets of anyone I know!

    ReplyDelete