About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

faith sparks

"Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you."
Isaiah 60:1

Wow!
The glory of The Lord has risen upon us!
Evidence is everywhere...
If I choose to have looking eyes...
I am able to see glimpses of His glory...
EVERYWHERE!

Funny how life works...
In the natural and the spiritual.
Differences clearly exist...
As do many overlapping themes and principles.

One I am chewing through these days is...
Learning to be a daughter...
Living from the light of faith.
FAITH...
Operating out of realms unseen...
Heart rooted in The Bright that lights up the world...
Head submissive to His Spirit burning...
In me.

It's one thing to boldly declare of His light...
It's quite another to reflect it...
Living out of it...
Especially when you are tempted to believe...
If you can't see the light in your circumstances,...
It mustn't be.

My steps seem SUPER SMALL.
Remembering...
Progress of all sizes has great value.

It's hard training the mind and body.
Any athlete could testify.
Or any person that exercises in general.
The rule is... even when you don't feel like it...
DO IT!
Crazy enough...
Many times as we engage in the undesired activity...
Even in darkness...
Desire is awakened.

So as I encounter what appears to be fires of defeat...
I must designate my heart's response to be...
One of praise..
One of trust...
One of rest.
It is not a matter of feeling.
But, a matter of deepest desire.
Exercising the weak...
So that Faith might grow stronger.
As the process gains momentum...
Things that once felt super hard...
Bring greater joy and freedom.

So...
When I don't feel like it...
Which could happen a lot...
"Arise" is what I want this ole girl to do...
Do it!
Aligning my body with my soul.
Sure to create some sparks.






No comments:

Post a Comment