About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, July 16, 2012

cultivating

"You will always reproduce the environment around you that you cultivate within you."

WOW... and YIKES!
Cultivation has been in full swing in my heart...
Especially in regards to this subject...
The last four years...
Full of fleshing out.
Discovering what it looks like to function out of status change.
A life lived in celebration of...
The crown of thorns chosen and worn...
That I might wear the crown of daughter-ship.

What a Great Lover!
Training and retraining the growing infant...
To live in fullness.
As a daughter of The King.
This season...
One of great pruning...
Lopping off that which looked lovely...
Secretly and slowly choking the roots of true life.
A time for letting other dress and drape...
With the truths of the finest threads.
Many were the days...
When I did not know how to dress myself.
Totally dependent on His workings...
Allowing the gentle hands of the bride....
To clothe.
The nakedness made bare in the learning.
Exposure...
I know it well.
Our Omniscient King... 
He knows...
He sees.
He sets me alive in the wrestling.
Embracing what feels so contrary...
Fighting falsehoods I have carried in my hands like bouquets.
Oh the joy he receives...
As we fully embrace who He is in us.
When hiding ceases...
Making way for exploration...
Treasuring the details...
He designed to perfection.
He receives great honor and worship.
When we proclaim the masterpiece He created in us.
He is enthralled with what He has made...
He LONGS for our eyes to see as He does.

Sadly...
The world's view taints much about The Father's Heart...
Regarding royalty...
Realizing...
Crowns look differently in the Kingdom than they do on earth...
True beauty...
Poured forth from the glory of His heart...
Rather than the striving...
From man's hammering and shining.

Roles...
Also...
VERY DIFFERENT...
Royals on earth...
Seek to be served...
Royals for the Kingdom...
Live for opportunities to serve.

So...
As I learn to reproduce what is being cultivated within...
It is not from a spirit of arrogance...
But rather deep humility and neediness.
As I LEARN to partner...
Regarding my own royal garments...
And His bride.

My heart longs to align with His...
Desire to be refined burns...
Purification takes it's rightful place...
That I might partner back with the bride that dressed me...
Getting others ready for that sacred day.
Joyfully expectant...
For THE wedding of ALL weddings!
Wanting all the brides to be aware of extravagant beauty they posses.
Learning to be a princess that cultivates well.







No comments:

Post a Comment