About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pictures

The last few weeks of seeking...
My heart has been asking...
"Show me how You see me.
I need to know what You see when You look at me.
How Your heart feels towards me."
Big questions from a small princess to her Big God.

When I enter into praise...
My heart and mind are filled with pictures...
Images of us together...
The lens of my heart... often seeing images like these...
My Papa... Royal arms extended... beckoning.
Leading in love...
Helping my legs grow strong... 
So I can climb the ever present mountains...
What is simply play for Him...
Can feel risky to the growing one...
The one...
That loves belly butterflies but is prone to fear.

It's at this moment when I see Him...
Lovingly adjusting my armor.
Tightening my belt of truth...
So I am ready to walk...
Side by side...

At times I try and take the lead...
He sees and knows...
He holds on tighter while I explore...
Careful not to let me lose my footing.
Slowly, yet constantly wooing my heart... 
Back into alignment with His vision...
As my sights enlarge...
So do my hands and feet...
Able to handle bigger dreams...
Bigger pictures...
Invitations of riskier play...
I close my eyes...
To my surprise...
I catch...
Letting Him fill my hands with balloons of hope...

My understanding grows with those pictures...
And I realize...
How often my eyes are STILL prone to wander.
Shifting my focus towards surrounding circumstances...
When His face...
Full of delight is right in front of me...
Declaring... all that I need and MORE...
You can't possibly picture how much I love you.
How much I delight in you...
How much I want to be with you.

Knowing...
How He sees me affects everything I see and how I see it.
Asking for more than just an earthly perspective...
Asking Him to draw me nearer...
Cheek to cheek...
That I might get a glimpse of the picture He sees...
And be forever changed.












No comments:

Post a Comment