About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

not much to look at...

Faith...
True faith...
Often times...
It's not much to look at.
Lackluster in appearance...
Far from flashy...
Usually requiring its followers to be be visionaries.

I guess that's why they call it faith.
It's choosing to believe.
Believe in something that looks like nothing.
Wild that Our Papa gave me the name Faith...
As the name of the next tent He has for us.
The home that is out there and yet to be found.
He has been getting Pastor and I ready.
We've been considering some real dives... code for...
"Dumps..." according to the Joneses.
Seems fitting that we would have to choose FAITH...
In order to find it.
Calling out that which doesn't exist in our mind's eye...
Believing in its beauty before it is.
Being hands that partner...
Putting Faith into action...
Drawing out hidden loveliness.
Made me remember Sweet Jesus this morning.
Isaiah teaches us...
He wasn't much to look at.
Ordinary...
Plain...
To some...
Unsightly.
Oh... how I learn from this.
The Savior of the world.
Our King...
Access to all riches of the superficial and more...
Coming to the world.
Born into ugly flesh...
In an ugly manger...
Dwelling in an ugly world...
So He could dye an ugly death.
All so we might participate...
In the all time tangible picture of Faith.
His story sure puts mine in perspective.
I may have to believe in ugly dwelling places...
But... He is my fortress.
In Him...
I have never known such beauty.
What amazing love.
It teaches me so much about seeing...
And continuing to enlarge my view of art.
His art.
Never discounting the scribbles.
For it is by faith...
We restore...
The everyday ugly...
Calling forth beauty from...
Things that aren't much to look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment