About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

paved

Still marching on the path set before us...
Pretty sure we'll march until the trumpets sound...
Somedays... paved with endless winding...
Others... dead-ending right in front of the flourishing...
Our Hope and Faith Pastor is shepherding another flock this week... 
Our time of retreat... sharing hearts over coke dates have quickly expired.

He continues the fight to scribe testimonies of faith and blessing...
Recording HIS story through our history for future generations...
Remembering today... 
I am a fellow worker of the King...
Commissioned to pump into the deep and water with the eternal...

I am His field... housing beauty... fruits climbing and filling each branch with hidden treasure...
I am His building...
Clothed in white...
Resting on foundations stamped with red love...
Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 3... I will receive wages according to my labor...

As I press on... walking the paved of today...  I desire to be a faithful farmhand.  
I'm kinda into BIG PAYCHECKS!  
Not just waiting for Heaven's reward I look for stipends here too...  
There are many, many blessings for those who labor with seeing eyes...
Treasures pave the earth along every path... even in the weeds of our lives... 
They too contain gifts.... 
Monarch worthy... Often unseen...
Trampled on by most... Plucked and disposed of... heads blown off... 
Seen only an inconvenience... an eyesore...
Grace... it speaks new names... new beauty... 
It marks the core of dandelions... 
I see... it whispers... it encourages... "keep looking..."
So...  I strain to see all the beauty that is paved along the way...  and I teach the small...
And...  I learn from the joy weeds can bring to the childlike.














No comments:

Post a Comment