About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

culture of faith

What do you do when your kids start applying what you teach?
What do you do when they buy all the things you have sold out your life for?
What do you do when they start hearing for themselves?

These are questions I have been processing as Pastor and I have tried to create a culture of faith in our home.
We are seeing fruits and I am back to learning the new.

Last week after our contract fell through we entered into deeper prayer.  Several of those nights I could hear my two oldest singing together before drifting off to dream.  They were singing, "Prince of Peace."
A very appropriate song in times uncertain to us.

The next day Emmiline shared that she had a vision during her time of worship.
She went on to explain what she saw.  It was rather odd and sounded much like a New Testament vision.  
A vision imparting freedom.  

Her visions were several nights in a row, and they all had to with bizarre plates of foods.  The only common bond was that they were all foods she was allergic to.  Pastor was away so I told her she needed to press in and ask God what it meant... I surely didn't know and didn't want to guess.  

After much prayer and seeking she sensed she was being healed from her allergies.  She felt ready to test it out... flying solo... I was a little slower.  It felt risky...

It required faith...
So...  with Pastor home we stepped into risk...
We offered the formerly forbidden...
3 chocolate chips for a princess.
We declared... we asked... and we gave thanks... 
Then... we responded with obedience... we stepped out in faith... and she tried her first ever Nestles.
And for the first time in her life since she was two... she enjoyed dairy without regurgitation.

It's been a sunny day in her world.  Her parents too.

So in regards to my earlier questions...
When my children are spoken to by a greater voice... hearing things that I can't...
I seek tools that have proven true...
 I listen... I ask... I cry out... I pray... I value and I encourage forward motion...
Knowing that the Spirit's work is fully alive in them.  I must pay MORE careful attention to what I hear.
"Out of the mouths of babes."
We will continue testing it out... Aware that there is NO easy button when it comes to walking by faith...
Celebrating all forms of hearing and healing today... 
All voices of faith...
One morsel at a time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment