About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, March 2, 2012

growing thick

This morning I attempted to do what I have needed to do for a couple of weeks...
Trim the excess.  

Crazy... First day of March and so full of thick and green.  Seems too early.

As I fired up little red... I surveyed the land.  I thought it might be tricky in the fuller spots... 
But... it took me walking...tool in hand... pushing... to the fully feel the weight and heaviness that I was about to tackle.

Just a few short moments into the pruning... the tool gave out... gave up... it was too much.  The grass was too tall... too wet.
It just didn't have enough gas to press on.

I tried tricks...
Wheels up to the sky... letting grass spit from all sides...  

I primed... I pulled... I used strategy... 
It was frustrating... a task... blocked.

It was also an opportunity...
To process... to see...

Thankful for the growth... feel like it's a word picture for the acreage of heart... I love being full of the green... thriving with plush... clogging mechanisms with my clippings.

My little engine that could needed to between rows... so I rested my body and invited my eyes to see.

I saw other forms of life blooming...
The brittle turning bright... surviving much inclement and soaking up the springtime rain... new green is underway... 
Regeneration...

It's amazing to see limbs sharing life and death... they coexist with the season in perfect harmony.

Spent some time with my sons' trees too... baby buds already peeking... prompting remembrance...
I wonder if they will bloom before their time this year?  It would seem appropriate.

I try again...
and again...
and again...
Disappointment overshadowed by glory seen. 
A trail is made, but total pruning will be a process. 
I will wait for more fuel... for the mower and for me... and for the sun to do its perfect work.

A different kind of growth happens in the waiting... 
Like beautiful green shoots pushing it's way up to bless the agents of change...  I bring my color and my thanks.

Not blind to all the existing gaps and remnants of death still lurking... but... courage-filled as I remember the grass-jammed tool on the hill... 

Growth... thick and full... on Ridgegate Lane and in the depths of me.








No comments:

Post a Comment