About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

more light

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.   Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." 1 COR 13:12

This life... dimly lit...  offered worldly water and we drink.  Water housed in the strong and lovely...  Thinking we see in fullness... parched we drink...
It is only a copy... it will NEVER satisfy...
It's a polluted well.

I have a lot of muddy cisterns in my little world.  They offer refreshment, and I entertain the soothe.  Comforts come with the sipping, but they leave the mouth feeling dirty and the stomach sour.

I ask for more light... one that allows me to see greater truths about who He is... and who He has gifted me to be...
When I doubt who He is... I doubt my own name...  Seeing Him in my reflection causes a glorious doubletake.
We are a forgetful people.  He sees and knows and invites us to bind the remembering around us...
Our battle scars are deep...  He covers our wounds with jewels.

Being marked by The Maker... resting in who He is and who He calls us brings MORE light into our souls...
As we see and embrace our own beauty we can begin to share out of the depths of who we are and impart into other growing beauties...  beauties that  one day might too easily forget and doubt their own names.
So many walking around with lie-names around their necks... 
It's time to reclaim name-calling... 
We must be warriors that speak royal names over each other... We must receive and live out of those names...
Wearing our weapons of reminding like shackles of joy.
In regards to the light and dimly lit mirrors... I keep asking... holding out and holding onto MORE...  Because when The Perfect comes... ALL PARTIAL will pass away... and I shall behold Him FACE TO FACE... no more dirt-filled, rusty, water sources... 

Total access... fully knowing and enjoying... fully known and seeing the truth that was planted in me all along... that I am fully enjoyed. 
The more I see... the more I see...  
Light is increasing.  So is my vision.  Thankful.















No comments:

Post a Comment