About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

write it out

This morning...
As I was preparing to pull my lazy bones out of bed...
I received a good word.

I have been studying in Jeremiah lately...
A tough read for sure.
They don't call him the weeping prophet for nothing.

As I embarked on today's learning...
Certain words really struck me...
Chapter 30:2
"Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel,
Write in a book all the words that I have spoken to you.
For behold, days are coming declares the Lord,
When I will restore..."

It spoke to my heart...
Reminding me again to RECORD FAITHFULLY.

I got to my "get to's."
First on the list... find a date in Pastor's old planner...
I've always hated that thing.
Still...
It has served us well.

Today's mission...
Find a date archived within.
What I found brought unexpected awe.

As I opened the book...
The first thing I ran across was this...
September almost 3 years ago...
Day number 26 grabbed me...
What in the world?

Sure...
At that moment...
 Pastor was just recording a very important football schedule.
Today...
It makes me wonder.

What is Papa up to?
What might He be saying.
I know He likes to play and have fun.
Today... 
I choose to play.

For next month...
Perhaps the 26th?
We will be home in Ohio.
Faith has been in the works... 
A dream in these hands...
For quite a season.

Ready for the pieces to come together...
For...
Surely He is restoring...
And...
I shall be faithful to write it out.








1 comment:

  1. REJOICING IN JEREMIAH AS HE WEPT AND FAITHFULLY RECORDED TO SET THE TONE FOR US, HERE, WEEPING TOO AND STANDING IN AWE OF PAPA'S LOVE! I love that He led you to these words! I stand in delight with you today!

    ReplyDelete