About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

different lighting

Vision...
One of the best gifts we have been given.
The ability to see...
Really see all that He has...
Is...
And will yet to do.

Today...
A day of struggling with vision impairment.
Suffering from lack of sleep and being in a new place...
Not to mention all the other things stirring hard.
My heart...
Was wading in mirky waters.
Fighting a little harder today.
To see below the surface.

Feeling like everywhere I turned...
Whispers were there to greet me...
Appearing sweet and friendly...
Slowly impairing.
I spent the day...
Asking for strong hands to help me see.
To restore the squints.
God is allowing so much refining.
I am thankful.
I am also spent.
He uses that as well.

No doubt...
When the water rises...
And the light blazes...
It can affect how we perceive beauty...
Truth...
Brings us back to vision.
What our lenses see.
Do we focus on what light draws out...
Or... zoom in... choosing dark insights?
Same reality...
Same contents...
Same extravagance offered...
Same living water...
Much different lighting.

Oh... it can feel so tricky in the natural.
Always walking...
On paths lined with darkness...
Towards marvelous light.
I want to see more like Him.
I must.
There is no other option for me.

For the blazing whispers will always be there...
Swinging in...
Trying to penetrate...
 
Varying lighting options will always be presented.

So...
As I walk...
I shall keep my hand extended...
Asking Him to continue to help my eyes re-adjust.
Blessed to serve a teaching Papa.
Always inviting us towards greater vision...
Praying I will illuminate that which I know to be true.
No matter the lighting.








No comments:

Post a Comment