About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Papa's presence

Well...
It's that time again...
The first day of school.
A day most moms long for after a summer full of busyness...
For me...
It means putting my hat back on...
Senora Mimi was in full swing this a.m....
Not totally ready to fiesta, but I did my best to rally.

I must remember...
What feels overwhelming for me
Is over the top exciting for the smalls...

Fueling up...
On the abundance of what He offers...
It's the only way to pass the test.
Neediness is something I excel at... 
The smalls see and know...
The thing they learn most from Their momma-teacher...
Is the importance of drawing near to Papa.
He teaches...
I learn...
I teach...
They learn...

It's a big hat I wear...
One way too big for my little britches...

So easy for my head to get lost in its size...

But I can still see...
He has supplied all the strength and wisdom I need...
To know when to have the hat on...
And...
When to take it off again...
Ask for help.
Either way...
I am never alone...
He is always right beside me leading...
Filling my pockets...
FULL of love and grace.
Just another day of scribblin' my way through ...
May I always be found coloring...
Smack dab in the middle of Papa's presence.








No comments:

Post a Comment