About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

big

Last summer...
Pastor and I embarked on one of the largest learning adventures of our lives.
A transition time for our journeys.
A marker for our entire family.

As I began to travel the new...
Learning to walk my days without my Good Pastor at my side...
I had to make a decision.
It was time to bring my fears into the light...
It was time for this princess to put on her "big girl panties."
Pastor and I jest about this a lot.

And, just as I was accepting my invitation...
He was being issued an invite of his own.

During an intensive week of summer school.
Brother Larry Crabb offered a wild notion to Pastor.
He said... and I quote...
"Adam, it's time to take your diaper off."
Seriously...
Those were his instructions.
It dramatically altered our compass.
Pastor has never been the same since.

Perspective change....
It's so very valuable.
Most  of our days spent focused on the debris underfoot...
Using the twigs as a crutch...
Instead of leaning on Papa.

Our hands must be open to the light of truth...
We must choose to enter into the polluted waters...
We've helped create.
Partner in the cleaning and rebalancing.

Being a babe of The Father give us freedom to stand bare...
Naked and unashamed.
He clothes us in freedom and love.
Always reminding us of His heart for us...
His desires regarding our behavior...
Being childlike a yes...
Childish...  a definite no! no!
He has given us two feet for a reason...
He fully intends on us using them.

This journey is long.
The path is lined with twigs and polluted waters.

And while serving a purpose for a season...
Before long...
Saggy diapers just weigh the growing down...
Stinking things up.
Pastor and I have also noted...
That when the diaper comes off...
The learning one can often leave an unfortunate trail.
Extra thankful for The God of ALL grace.
Papa is always joyful in the "try."
After all...
Walking by faith is VERY tricky...
But as we have learned...
The travel is much lighter...
When the diaper comes off..
And the big kid britches are put on.

Potty training still very much in process around these parts...
For the parentals at least.
You might want to watch your step and check your shoes...
Still learning.








1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    You made me smile as usual! I love you tender words and your constant reminder of His grace. Hugs to the Vaughans. I can't believe Carly is growing up so fast....

    ReplyDelete