About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

unchangeable truth

My unchangeable truth...
I have so much to be thankful for.
It would be impossible for me to recount...
All the showers Our God has rained down...
All the waterings He has poured out.
He is so very faithful.
So very, very good.

My momentary truth...
It's not really truth at all.
Appearing so convincing.
Attempting to steal from the unchangeable...
Or at least distract me from gratitude.

Fear...
Always disguising itself as truth.
Speaking even into the areas we are strong in...
Using our gift-tools to build doubt.

I must confess.
Because negotiations were so intense over The Rose of Sharon...
I have allowed the walls of my heart to entertain fear...
Keeping the spoon of celebration and feasting...
At arms length.

I shared with Pastor...
The dark stirrings and my struggle...
Exposing the lies swarming within...
I have repented and continue.

My past...
Full of sun and rain.
Though it has brought great growth...
The wreckage from the storms still haunt.
So longing for the dove and the olive branch...
Bringing good news of solid land for my feet.
All too easily stuck...
In the remembering of long days on the ark.
Quick to self-protect as a result of past pain.
The truest picture I can paint...
I feel like a woman on the verge of giving birth...
Only to deliver a stillborn dream.
I have had such labor.
When the waters broke...
It broke me.
The cracks left holes the enemy longs to seep through.

Papa is restoring the holes.
It's a tedious process, and I partner.

The truth...
He is bigger and better than ANY dream.
He can handle all my fears but invites me to rest in Perfect love.
Full of mercy and grace...
As well as zero tolerance for the untruths.

So today...
I learn more about the truth of trust.
Even when traveling on a path lined with long awaited harvest...
My legs are exercised right along with my heart.

Opening my hand fully to the joy of today...
This is the land I have been given to dwell in...
And it's a great one...
Aisle's lined with hidden treasures...
He has given me the blessed mission of unveiling.

Rewards ALWAYS await those that keep their eyes fixed...
On the Truth that He will be found we we seek with our all.

Fighting for truth in this Princess brain of mine...
Remembering...
I have been marked as a Kid of the Kingdom... 
Invited to travel in the safety of His grace...
To enjoy the sweetness that truth brings.
Live in the blessings of today...
While shouting "NO" to fear.
Crawling deeper into the arms of unchangeable truth.






No comments:

Post a Comment