About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, August 27, 2012

strong heart

Emotional...
It's the word of the week around these parts.
Busily preparing for a move...
Leaving for Africa in a few short days.
My heart is...
Emotional.
As are the hearts of ALL The Hopefuls.

As I process what is happening in my own timeline...
I am also VERY aware of the stories and needs of others.
Brother and sisters smack dab in the middle of brokenness.
It's heavy.
It's everywhere I turn.
My heart aches deep for the cries I hear.

The Psalmist reminded me this morning...
"Sing a new song!"
It takes the truth of Lamentations to give me the courage I need to sing.
"His mercies are new EVERY MORNING...
GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS!"

Extra aware of my fragile heart today...
Needing all the Kingdom smalls to come along side...
Lovingly look upon me...
Touch me...
Pray for me.

Fragility requires tenderness.
I see my need... 
Asking for MORE courage to stare straight into the deep dark...
For the Spirit to fill my lungs with fresh wind...
To give my heart the strength of a warrior.

Our God loves to use the hands of the weak to create...
The most marvelous works.

So blessed by the hearts that choose...
To enter in...
To ask...
Seek...
And knock...
On behalf of the weak-hearted.
Clinging to truth!
Choosing to sing a new song every day...
So that this heart...
Would be stronger than the rocks and the dust...
Attempting to muddy it's beauty.

Thankful for the power of the cross...
Giving me ALL I need...
To sing with a strong heart for HIM.











No comments:

Post a Comment