About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, August 10, 2012

sphere


When I think about spheres...

My mind immediately goes to this one.

photo
The Sunsphere in K-town.

Growing up in TN I never thought much about this landmark.

Today it speaks to my heart.

Yesterday, I spent the morning talking with Papa about spheres

 of influence...

Wanting Him to enlarge mine for The Kingdom...

Asking for forgiveness for not always being faithful...
In the sphere He has already placed me in.

From there my smalls and I watched some Olympic footage.

We were amazed and awe-struck as we witnessed the seemingly 

impossible.

Rhythmic gymnastics totally captivating our hearts.

The son...
The daughters...
The Mama.

We were motionless in the watch.

It's amazing what our bodies can achieve if we will submit them

to rigorous training.
Impossibilities becomes possible where faith and desire meet.

I want to excel in my sphere of feeding.
Because it's "big time" important to the King.

All those meals...

Each one creates rhythmic growth in them...

And... in me.
Practice and faithfulness in the small...

It is here that our spheres of influence increase...

Standing like a tower... shining like gold... reflecting the SON.

Not forgetting...

It is Him who provides...

He simply invites me to bless... share... and enjoy.

So often missing my mark...

It has caused grief to my spirit today.
How many times I drop the ball...

Getting tangled in the ribbons I spin for everyone else...
                                       Gymnastics - RhythmicTripped up and trapped in the hoops always hovering about.
My eyes get fixed on worldly gold rather than the "get to's."

So blessed that He deems me worthy of the practice... 

In the exercise and trials...His sphere in me is enlarged.

Every tiny steps brings expansion.

Choosing to motion forward in the stretching.
                         
Today...

Remembering the importance of

Messy diapers...

And putting good things in the hands and bellies of the small.
Maybe I'll even clean my apparently filthy computer screen.

Longing to live faithfully in the sphere He has placed me...

Today and everyday.







No comments:

Post a Comment