About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

this one thing...

Oh how different the world would be...
If the sons and daughters of The King...
Focused on this one thing...

The PROMISE of who HE is in US...

How many hours in my day do I spend pondering TRUTHS in my head...
Truths that simply do not edify?
Such as...
I can't...
I'm too small...
I don't know how...
I am not skilled enough...
I'm not as good as...
I'm never gonna get it...
I am so full of inadequacies...

In Kingdom arenas...
In my everyday life...
In my private thoughts...
I need a Kingdom mindset...
Even confessions can become full of toxicity...
If I don't release in the repentance...
Declaring what He CAN and IS doing...
In my need...
In me...

Greater levels of joy are reached when...
In faith I choose to take hold of the ball...
Deciding to be a 35 year old learner...
In this game of "life to the full."
Instead of entering into agreement with the enemy...
Regarding all the "trues..."
I can stand on The Rock.

He whispers...
Sometimes shouts...
"You're not worthy to play this game."
I declare back...
"He has chosen this learning one...
To be on HIS starting line-up!"

When he speaks...
 I am underdressed and underprepared...
I get out my stats sheet...
Remembering...
By the work of the Spirit I come fully equipped...
Clothed in HIM, and He is MORE than sufficient.
The goal... 
Focus on His truths... 
Not the enemy's...
Not my own.

Courage....
Something I need almost every second of every day...
Especially when attempting the seemingly impossible.
Thankful for the indwelling PROVIDER...
The God in charge of my story...
In charge of IMPOSSIBILITIES.
Oh... how He celebrates...
As He helps us slam the dunk...
He is the God of victories... 
He freaks out over each one!
Like a joy-filled tackle...
He runs and swoops...
We fall and laugh..
He states strong... 
"I told you, you could do it!"
"I am so very proud of you!"

Now... up!
I have more I want to teach you...
Just remember the one thing I told you...
"ME!"

Praying for me...
For ALL the sons and daughters to have enlightened eyes.

Ephesians 1:18-23
18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the HOPE to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the FULLNESS OF HIM WHO FILLS everything in every way.
EMPHASIS ADDED








No comments:

Post a Comment