About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

good soldier

Whether we like it or not...
Until Jesus comes back....
We will spend many segments of our lives...
Learning...
Battling.
Bleeding...
Healing.
And...
Struggling...
Hoping to unlock doors of mystery...
Desiring more on the inside.

I do not live in fear of the battles.
Instead...
I long to be prepared.
Asking to be submerged in His presence...
To dive deeper...
So I might better care for those who have lost their footing...
In the crashing waves.

As I think about the images of the last few days...
I see my small royals with weapons...
Some physical...
Many... spiritual.
It stirs up gratitude in my heart...
Thankfulness that I cannot express.

Always... always... always...
REMINDING...
I am not alone.


2 Timothy has been teaching me about "good soldiers."
A good soldier according to Paul...
Is strengthened by grace.
One that shares in sufferings..
Offering encouragement and tenderness to the weeping...
Spreading wings of hope over barren places...
A good soldier uses caution...
Careful not to get entangled in affairs apart from his assignment...
Living to please The Enlisting One.

I cannot begin to describe the ache stemming from my hunger...
It is bigger than me.
Hunger for faithfulness.
Hunger to become like my Papa.
Knowing it's His hands that supply and feed...
Longing to share in the sufferings of others...
Not just having everyone...
Enter into ours...
Ready to move onto a new battlefield...
Dirty my hands in new earth...

Serve brothers and sisters not yet known to my heart...
But very valuable to our King.

So so so ready.
"Good soldiers..." 
Boot camp in full swing over on Ridgegate.

1 comment:

  1. Love your storytelling. Love to see that little miracle living life. Tears, happiness, hugs, being. Love to all of my Ridgegate Warriors!

    ReplyDelete