About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

choice...

On Ridgegate...
In Hope's House...
In TN...
In this world...
In "The Body..."
And my body...
I have a choice...
I can be this kind of woman...
Or this kind...
If I choose.. 
I can let the circumstances of my life...
Raise my temperature...
Causing symptoms of anxiety... anger... and outbursts.

Or...
I can choose to be the latter...
A thermostat...
A change agent that sets the temperature...

This is a hard lesson...
But I am learning.

Today...
More ripping took place...
Paving roads that will lead to the new...
I laid down my "obstacle mindset." 
Plowing towards opportunity...
Wanting to be a thermostat for the future of our neighborhood.

Instead of fretting...
I looked out my window and thought...
If we had already moved...
I wouldn't have been able to partner with Our Papa...
To pray for all that earth that has years and years of story buried within.
I felt a stirring to ask for healing... for blessing.
Wow!
I get to pray His restoration over this land...
Only our Good Shepherd knows what kinds of healing needs to take place..

Even as I type this...
Smiling... 
I see both...
Almost side by side...
Our thriving garden... and land that will be healthier because I was here to pray.

Learning is a process...
Somedays...
I feel alive in the pouring out...
Full of desire to water anything and everything near...
Other days...
I feel more like a trickle that can barely refresh my own thirst...

Blessed today...
As I continue to remember...
He is The Water...
I... the vessel...
It's not up to how I feel...
Or how much I have to offer...
He ALONE is the SOURCE.
He simply invites me...
"Be my vessel."
"Be a thermostat."

I can't undo my circumstances...
But I don't have to let them undo me...

I can partner with our Papa.
Ask for His heart...  His vision..
When I do...
I let Him be the water...
And I am freed up to be exactly what he designed me to be...
HIS vessel...
Living and co-authoring the supernatural...
Shining light... reflected out of promise...
Changing the temperature of the atmosphere.










1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! Is that your backyard!!?
    Hopeful for you as you continue to work towards getting your family settled in Ohio.
    Wishing it could be us to launch you there, realistic in our circumstances and major life changes coming to us soon {two children nearing decisions to be married in the next few years or sooner} and knowing that now is not the time for us to be making a major investment. Lord willing, our business will thrive, the economy will bounce back and we can look toward some changes. Until then, I'm learning to be content, to be joyful in all places the Lord has placed us. Even through the tears of uncertainty, He is leading me to still waters, teaching me to sit, listen, watch, learn and share.

    ReplyDelete