About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, June 22, 2012

playful Papa

Our Good Papa loves play...
In my lifetime I have had lots of pictures of what God looks like...
All fall short of how GREAT HE IS.
Thankful my picture is expanding...
He is getting bigger.
Better.

Learning more and more how to enjoy Him...
And to enjoy HIM enjoying me.
The Creator loves to Create...
He designed play...
I think it's one of His favorites.

This morning I was talking to Papa about finding a treasure...
I LOVE finding...
I am a treasure seeker of sorts.

Most often I find the best treasures when I stumble upon them.
Not out of a striving spirit... but out of a playful rest.


As I was leisurely walking this morning...
I found...
A real live message in a bottle.
How fun!

I felt a little nervous opening it...
Like I was doing something wrong or illegal.
It was a rush.
Anticipation arose in me like a kid at Christmas.

I rescued the buried treasure out of seaweed entanglement.
I unscrewed the lid...
I carefully removed the message...
I enjoyed.
Its contents...
Writings from another hopeful...
Releasing joy into the atmosphere...
Desiring contact if found...

I knew right away...
This was an opportunity I couldn't refuse...
Play... 
Right up my alley...
Hoping to bring encouragement and Papa's love to a stranger...
Sharing that the released had been found...
Perhaps the play will boomerang...
Our Papa loves blessing games.

Storing up play treasures in my heart today...
Remembering that with all the trinkets on the shore...
Some were put there just for me.

Playing with a thankful heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment