About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, June 18, 2012

lens

The Hopefuls packed up...
Headed toward adventure.
Enjoying unhurried play with the family.
Tucked away and savoring.

Today is a "living off love" kind of day.
My heart is full.
Joy... yes... but, also deep sadness for the broken ones we love.

We know PLENTY of hurting hearts.
The list is unending.

Crazy how with one lens...
My surroundings look like this...
Bright... cheerful... playful...

And yet just a few steps down... the lens captures a different view...
Same beach... same 5 minute window... same camera.
Different position.
Both magnificent.
One... greatly darker.

Remembering that though I enjoy the ease of rich sunshine and play today...
Just a few steps down...
Under that same sun... others are wrestling with darkness.

Thankful in the ache... 
I know...
I don't have to rely on broken lenses in order to search for hope...
My frame of mind is overshadowed by His truth.
This gives me great courage...
Today... as I enjoy and grieve.
And each day...
As I climb the hard steps of my own and another's.
Choosing not to keep people out of my pain...
Equally choosing not to stay out of others.

Longing to walk out life hand in hand...
No matter the lighting...
For... all lenses capture both light and darkness at some point or another.

Letting truth do its work...
I will not let the rushing waters of circumstance wash...
My anchors of hope down the drain...

We follow Good Pastor's lead...
We keep our eyes ALWAYS fixed on the horizon.  
We remember that risking different and new viewpoints...
 Often brings richer perspectives.

We stay connected to The Vine...
We intercede for the broken.
Always choosing the lens of love, truth, peace... and of course...
Thanksgiving.













No comments:

Post a Comment