About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

rest

Last Sabbath night...
I awoke to a very startling boom.
Immediately the boulder-crashing-like noise was followed by loud crying.

It was Prince Elliott.
He had fallen out of his bed...
On this...
Forehead first.

Deep asleep and now deeply in pain...
All he could do was cry "OW!"
It was quite a sad little song.

I rushed in...
Swooped him up...
Holding him long and hard...
After much moaning he drifted back off.

I stayed... enjoying the sound of his rest.
I processed.

My prince was still.
He was peaceful.
He was snoring.

I chuckled as I realized what happens during deep rest...
Sounds surfacing that would normally embarrass...
Numerous parts functioning in freedom...
Foolish talking...
Wild walking...
Drool...
Dreaming...
Sweet replenishment...
Peace...
Growth does its best work when we are a people at rest.

Rest...
Much like most everything else worthwhile in life...
A messy process...

Moments in our day when striving ceases...
When our bodies and beds...
Take a rest from...
The perceptively perfect.

All is well with my small prince today...
He is no worse for the wear.
As for me...
I learned a valuable lesson in our late-night snuggle...

His Spirit is best able to mark me...
When I am a daughter recklessly abandoned to REST...
Asking Him who is able to immeasurably more...
To tattoo me with affectionate marks of rest...
Sleep marks from the Savior...
Welcoming the messy.







No comments:

Post a Comment