About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

monkeys

Somedays are jungle days for my heart...
Surrounded by little monkeys...
Devouring life.

I bring my wild to our garden...
Celebrating all the growth...
All the while...
Fighting the weeds of discouraging circumstances.
These past few days have felt heavier for me...
Remembering... life is a series of struggle and hope.
This fact alone brings strange comfort.
A call to always refocus...
On His fruit growing within...
The little monkeys at Ridgegate...
They are watchers...
And since the TV is almost never on...
Life is what they observe...
They see it all...
The good... the bad... the messy.
Better than any sitcom.
Full of jungle adventures.
We swing the vines...
High and low.
We do it together.

The momma monkey at Ridgegate...
She is bringing out the big guns...
Lots of praise being sung around these parts.
Discouragement withers in these conditions.

Knowing... I have a lifetime of imparting still to do.
As I walk on... I long for my crop to be overflowing with joy.
Though the earth... parched below...  my hands... remain full...
With food to feed.

For...
It's a jungle out there.
Ridgegate has a lot of monkeys...
As do many other... lanes... roads... circles... drives... etc.
And we all know...
"Monkey see, Monkey do."








No comments:

Post a Comment