About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Daddy's girl

Like Charli...
I am Daddy's girl.
Most of my days spent...
Looking for Him...
Wanting to be clothed in His presence.
Our God loves to be sought after...
He loves to be found...

Lately... 
He has been teaching me...
How to see Him in my very own reflection...
This is especially important as I seek to be faithful...
In the big shoes He has placed me in...
Some moments.... more tricky than others... 
These eyes tempted to gravitate...
Towards flaws and imperfections...
Still... 
I am His...
I am a masterpiece...
The One that created me has memorized me...
He thinks I am amazing...
Choosing... to live inside me.

All around...
The Heavens declare His glory and majesty...
I see Him EVERYWHERE I look...
I see Him in nature...
In smalls...
In tears...
And in laughter...
I can see Him in water...
Soil...
Buildings...
Signs...
The broken...
And the restored...
I see Him in food...
In hunger...
In poverty...
And in riches...
I can hear Him in the roar...
The whisper...
The wail...
And the giggle...
I see Him in the miraculous...
Medicinal...
Mending...
And in technology...
Read Him in The Word...
Experience His Spirit...
Colors...
Darkness...
Even in correction...
The list is endless.

Oh I cannot contain HIM...
But I can...
Spend my life... 
Wholeheartedly seeking and PROCLAIMING what I see.

So much treasure to be sought out...
So much HIM staring right back at me...
When I choose to see the real me...
I am free to embrace my truest beauty...
His indwelling.

Still learning to walk in these shoes...
Still prone to slip ups... spills... and trips...
Vanity dies hard...
But when it does... 
The purest beauty is birthed.

To think....
The Maker that made the beauty of the skyline...
Made His sons and daughters even more lovely...
We are His image bearers...
WOW!
Continuing to ask for HIS supernatural vision... 
MORE seeing...
Knowing that seeing... 
Speaking out the beauty of others... 
Largely depends on the beauty I see in my own reflection.
Growing in freedom... 
I think that makes my Daddy super happy. 
That makes this Daddy's girl super happy too.





No comments:

Post a Comment