About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I need you

These were the words my sweet boy whispered today as I (Kelly) was teaching him to swim. Today was the second time in his life that he has swam independently. He was nervous, he was excited, he was unaware of his potential, and he was needy. This a great picture of how I have been feeling lately… especially today. As we are heading down new roads and learning many new things I find myself saying with great passion…“I need You.” I don’t say this the way I used to or with typical “church speak.” I REALLY need Him. I had to smile as I looked at Elliott when he said those words. They were so honest and tender. They were rich to receive as he was expressing his total dependence on me. I loved being able to offer care and loving assurance that I was near. I smiled also because it was a vivid picture of my Father’s heart for me. He takes great delight when my heart whispers….I need You. He never intended for me to “figure things out” on my own or teach myself how to swim in the deep-end. He does invite me to trust and then reassures me that He is near. I don’t always sense His presence. I don’t always hear his still small voice. But, today, I have sensed His tending. I have felt His nearness. In my tears for our family and other families I remember that being needy beckons me to Him and that is the best place for my heart to be.
On a side note, my freshly organized garage is now loaded with
boxes.


 I hate clutter. I hate those boxes.....and they are just a few.  I hate that they are full of stuff and somehow they make me feel a sense of emptiness. I am sad for what those boxes stand for. Today, I have grieved my husband packing up many years of ministry into brown moving boxes. It just feels sad. It feels unfamiliar. It too makes me say, “I need You.”
Being needy is something I am becoming very familiar with. As soon as this issue is resolved I am sure I will receive another invitation. I am not dreading it…I simply don‘t have the energy to expend there. Today, I am just resting that He is with me and He is more than enough. Tomorrow will have enough troubles of its own. Today I am thankful we serve a God that smiles with delight when we speak out our need and desire for Him. It helps my tired brain remember that yes, He is my God, but He is also my Daddy.

1 comment: