About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

community

It is Monday afternoon...
And this is me...
Sitting in one of the most famous spots in America...
Starbucks.

I did not come for the warm beverage or conversation...
I came to be alone...
To think.

It's been awhile since I have had some space...
Most days...
I have companions following me...
Into even the most private of spaces.

A break from the norm...
It is a gift to my heart...
A gift that yields the best returns...
For everyone in my circle.

I am a product of my mother...
She adores to people watch...
And what better place to watch than Starbucks?
A place that has centered its entire marketing...
On coffee and conversation...
Rekindling relationships...
Over a $5 cup of coffee and chit chat...
Brilliant!

I have been here for hours now...
As have many of the faces that were here when I arrived.
I am shocked at the community that is taking place...
Regulars getting their regulars...
Waiting for the other regulars.
So that connection can begin.

Sons and fathers...
Chatty ladies...
College peeps...
Military...
Moms with smalls...
The gruff...
The groomed...
Young...
Old...
Loners...
Companions...
All are here.
All for the atmosphere.
All for a sense of community.

Oh...
The ache it stirs in my heart...
What would it be like...
If I...
A daughter of The King...
Carried such ambiance...
That others flocked...
Over and over again...
Just to encounter...
The Light of Life...
Shining through me from above.
Yep...
Starbucks...

It's a pretty swanky spot...
But the light from my view...
Speaks of a better thing...
Reminding me...
To invite in such a way...
That story will come to connect...
Linger...
Return...
Eager for more.

And I too...
Would wear a sign of gratitude...
For being chosen.

Ahh... the aroma of community...
It's as sweet as the fragrance wafting through the air in Starbucks...
One sniff and you'll wanna place an order for one of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment