About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, December 7, 2012

bigger portions...

I'm a daughter of "more."
I've always enjoyed larger than life portions.
As I continue to press on in hunger...
As I walk on with The Spirit...
As I desire to be used in important ways...
The Still Small whispers...
"Learn to love right where you are."

I don't always like those words.
Often I find it easier to serve the world...
Than my own little monkeys...
Especially this little one...
Ahh...
I love her deeply...
But...
She can really get my goat.
Honestly...
I think it's because I am still mending from her story...
And...
Because she is so much like me.

Full of passion...
Full of life...
Desiring to do the "big..."
Bring pure love to the raggedy.
A daughter that lives in wide-eyed expectation...
Alive with wild play...
Consumed with hunger.
I do believe one of my largest "get to's..."
Is learning to honor and serve the smallest of our clan.
To esteem her as greater than myself.

THIS CAN BE SO HARD...
Especially when she is driving me CRAZY.

At the Rose...
Charli is my teacher.
Many days I learn well...
Others...
I need a reset button.

Learning what it looks like...
To bow down to sacrificial love...
Right here in my home...
So...
When he calls me out...
You will find me...
A learner of my smalls...
Eyes and mouth wide open...
Ready for bigger portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment