About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

adventure.

Sometimes...
New seasons...
Carry cold downpours...
Of the unexpected.

During these times...
Options are in abundance...
Freeze or Frolic.

My past...
Paved with freezing moments.
I want my future to be frolic-filled.
So...
Today...
I dressed for adventure!
Journeys are a part of everyone's walk...
Most days...
We seek the quickest vehicles to our destination.
Today...
Pastor and I do what we know best...
We walked it out...
We were present in the storm.
We heard...
The wind howl...
The thunder roar.
We felt the frozen rain beat on our faces.
We stopped to marvel...
As the lighting flashed.
And then we pressed on...
In the adventure.
Side by side...
We sought to obtain needs...
To nourish our growing ones.
Oh...
I am learning to love a good adventure...
Even if the walk is long...
I see that the shortest route isn't always the most fun.
Play...
It's becoming an important part of our story.
Blessed by unexpected opportunities...
That show up on our doorstep...
Adding so much joy...
In the midst of weathering the storms.
Playmates are SO valuable!

Thankful for the gift of warmth...
Togetherness...
Play pals...
Fun...
And Adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment