About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

cast again

As this princess laid her head to rest last night... I was processing worship in the midst of tragic loss.  I was praying for a family that had just announced rest over their four year old prince.  It had been a messy, tear-stained battle.  The war was over, but the devastation still remains... it remains everywhere.  My heart aches.  My very soul is called to process...

How do we press on?  How do we hope?  How do we twirl at the graveside and sing over the sick?  How to we offer fully who we are out of the brokenness that consumes?  How do we worship the King clothed in our rags of pain?

As I spend precious moments seeking I am silent with the heavy.

The hard truth is there is no formula.... no antidote... no quick trip to the supernatural mind nor a mind to outwit hurt.

Here I am... Christ in me... fully on earth with heaven's heart within...  alive with relationship with a Heavenly God...
called...
in the midst of exhaustion that comes from fishing in the tossing waves... ache that surfaces with the empty nets... I hear Him... He says cast again...

I am not concerned with the why... I am not even concerned with the how... My heart speaks... help.

Be the heart in me that desires another toss... be the arms that gather the nets... be the voice that commands vision... be the hands that lower the net... be the Spirit that HOPES AND EXPECTS for nets that break with abundance...

in the midst of the storm... in the midst of the calm... I need.

So as I sit here in the calm waters of today...
I remember the tossing and shake another momma's waters.  Her overflow is from her eyes and heart... no doubt she feels she might drown.   So I offer my song...  I sing for another who can't use her voice today.  I will put song to her unspoken, heart-words.

I will cry out a song of HOPE for the hope-growing.

Being hopeful doesn't mean we don't hurt... it means we live in obedient expectation that His good is eminent.  It is here.  We fully feel, and we fully know.

When Simon Peter was lovingly asked... "cast again."  I sense the Brother-King saying, "hope some more."  When you are tired... when it doesn't make sense... when you are being covered up by the waves of your weeping... know and rest... the abundance is right here... right under your very boat... cast deep into the sea of hope.  Cast deep, expect, and be filled until your net breaks... not from ache but from excess.

More of you... that is what I cry.

HE is the HOPE in us, and HE is the HOPE for us.

He is the Beginning and the End... the Answer and the Question...

storms always come... they do.... it's been raining hard since Eden's first storm, and it shall continue until  Eden is new.

The crumb I offer today is the one I have been feasting on for almost the past two years...
remembering valuable stories of three's... life taking and life giving...
when my boat is about to capsize... I shall call out... Help!  I shall ask for His heart.  I shall cry... lake-fulls... I shall offer all of me and ask for all of Him in return.  I shall cast out and seek in the depths.... and rest, knowing my nets shall be filled with overflowing...

songs of HOPE.
Praying for Hope for the body today... the broken, the needy, the hungry, the longing, the crying and the laughter-filled,  the learned and the learning, the fear-full and fear-less,  for the hopeless and hope-hungry...

Hope that rests assured His beauty can be seen even when being masked by wild death... It is always there.

I sing today for you and for me.  For those voices being consumed by brokenness... I sing.
and I cast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment