About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

tempted...

Oh...
How I have been tempted...
To walk through life...
Expending every ounce of energy...
To appear perfectly pleasing.
Trying my best....
To be the life of the party...
Happy all the time.
Becoming a "professional hider."
Training the eyes of my soul...
To gloss over what is really stirring within.

I've even been known to...
Use "spiritual activity..."
As a tool of disclosure.

SOOOOOO Thankful...
Those days are mostly in my past.
I am too much hungry...
And have way too little energy...
To keep up with that gig.

Thankful for freedom...
To be messy ole' me.
And for...
Brothers and sisters...
Who love me enough...
To climb...
Right into the  crazy...
Often unattractive...
Beds that I have made for myself.
Reminding me of truth...
I am not alone.

How I have needed...
Will need...
And do need...
The gift of those...
Willing to enter in...
Love me for me.

They draw out my truest beauty...
A daughter at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment