About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, November 12, 2012

splintered...

So many of my waking hours are spent...
Protecting smalls.

Our lives...
Lined with sharp objects...
Trying to work their way in...
Ripping flesh...
Making holes.
One of my main "get to's"
Is to be attentive...
Knowing what destructive things to look for
Noticing when something painful has forced its way in...
Then carefully extracting that item.
The Spirit has given them filters...
They feel.
They know...
Discernment is growing everyday...
Especially as our hands come together.
And though...
I can't remove their marks
Or carry their pain...
I can be present...
I can hurt with them...
And...
I can teach.
Sharing scars from my own hands...
As well as...
Point to the hands of others...
That have prayed protection over mine.
I am a woman...
Splintered from learning.
Saved by Grace ALONE.
Our God...
Chose to have pain driven in...
His very body splintered for our behalf...
That we might heal...
Be made whole.

And...
Just like the prodigal...
He covers our shame with His robe...
Taking the trials that have twisted us...
Turning them into treasures...
Rings of remembrance on our fingers...
He makes the splintered beautiful...
Everything!
Especially flesh splintered by a tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment