About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

the beginning

I hardly know where to start.
After two weeks in Africa...
I have returned to Ridgegate.
It's hard to believe my time in "the bush" has come and gone.
Like a flash of light that illuminated hidden spaces...
Only to vanish.
Combustion of my soul has occurred.
And... just as Mary did with her son-King...
I will treasure and store up those moments in my heart...
FOREVER.

So I ask...
"Papa...
Where do I start?"
He whispers...
"How about the beginning?"

This story will be ongoing...
I will do my best to retrace the sacred steps.
17 days ago...
Myself... along with my 15 siblings...
Embarked on a life changing adventure with The Spirit.
I stand amazed that our Good Papa would allow me to be a part of this team of hungrys.
To say that I love these people would be the understatement of a lifetime.
God did what only He could do.
He broke all rules and formulas regarding group dynamics and relationships "how to's."
He weaved and worked on Heaven's timetable...
A supernatural uniting of hearts and minds.

My first glimpse of The Motherland...
It was love at first sight.
Though decay was rampant...
My heart saw only story...
Lots and lots of story.

My heart called out...
"Papa, the devastation is so big...
It feels impossible...
But... You see and you know...
Each face...
Every heart...
No story forgotten...
You hold each in your hand."
On this African soil...
I walked...
It tilled in...
Rich, altering agents into my story.
Amending structures...
Organically changing the very nature of who I am...
How I see.

A coaster of love bringing a rush-ride that only our God could wind up.
He has taken the wild deeper still...
Releasing me...
Out onto the streets and land He deeply loves...
A place filled with eyes...
Expanding my vision.

Much like this post...
The awakening that has occurred in me...
Is only the beginning.

More...
It's surely coming...

Psalm 145:3
"There are NO BOUNDARIES to HIS greatness."








No comments:

Post a Comment