About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

In the wild

Our next stop...
The deep wild.

Off to Kruger National Park.
How did I get here?

I kept saying to myself...
"I am in Africa!"
I was giddy.
I still am.

Our team was alive with hope and expectation.
The winds of The wild were blowing...
Creating sparks and electricity in our hearts.

Experience God's presence...
It was what we craved...
In the park.
His wildness reigning on high...
Naturally occurring.
Not man made.
Not contained by gates and walls.

We desired all His wildness.
We asked to see it all.

Sightings came early.
Bus stopping often.
As we were filled with awe...
Animals I had never heard of...
Dwelling next to things my eyes had never seen.
He is so big.
The glory of His creations and works...
Who can fathom?
His majesty...
His mark on humanity...
The way He embellishes His earth...
It's a mystery to me.
Yet...
He invites...
"Come nearer still..."
"Taste..."
"Drink Deeper..."
"For you have wild beauty of your own."

Removing me from "the river of sand."
No matter my present darkness...
He issues "a ride of my life" invite.
With the love of brothers at my side.
Allowing seeing eyes to see me...
So that I might capture a bigger picture of who He is.
Presence often camouflaged...
But His bigness ALWAYS 100% there.

As I continue to grow...
I pray my perspective does as well.
That my vantage point will increase.

So... whether I rise...
Or rest...
I always see without strain...
More of Him...
Always present...
In the wild.










No comments:

Post a Comment