About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

story shoes

1 Chronicles 26:27
 "From spoil won in battles they dedicated gifts for the maintenance of the house of the Lord."

This verse has been heavy on my heart for the last couple of days...
Immediately speaking and continuing to stir.
Sensing our All Redemptive God wants to use spoils from my stories past...
Battles fought with wrecking and weeping... won by His mighty hand.
Plunder poured out from pain...
Today I remember...
He is a story loving God.

Spending this moment sitting...
Surrounded by the unfamiliar...
A seat that I have grown accustomed to...

Taking 5...
Embracing the wild hat God has placed upon my head...
Asking...
Seeking...
Knocking...
Receiving His response...
Inviting me to the hard...

Releasing the claim on my story...

Most of my days spent with a "mine" mentality.
Today...
Battling fear... 
I willingly laying down so others might prosper.... 
From my depths I want Him to use all my mess.
Ones I create... others which I had no control.

The ache feels really heavy...

This is sacred ground...
Comfortable shoes of entitlement...
Off.
Carried away by the story that prompted the hardest lessons...

Brokenness...
Stirs up the bitter or better in all of us...
I don't want to leave this world...
Eyes too fixed on the wrong things...
I don't want to be an...
Holding onto trials like toxic treats...
Licking wounds like lollipops...

I just want to be His little girl...
Walking unafraid...
Learning to let go of old shoes...
Placing them on the shelf with all the other well worn...

Oh... this little monkey...
Her life marked with hardship of her own...
Once carrying her...
Now carrying for me...

Reminding...
In the pain of release...
He brings bigger freedom.
Deeper comfort...

I RELEASE!
For Him...
For the body...
I dedicate my life and battle scars as gifts...
May they be rich spoil for Kingdom harvests...
Maintenance for His house.

In the journey of faith walking...
My feet are growing...
The old just doesn't fit anymore...
Trusting Him as I wait for my new story shoes.
Sensing this V isn't done leading our way...













No comments:

Post a Comment