About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back from Ohio

Well, we are back from our trip. As I process my thoughts from my weekend, I also remind myself why we even started this blog. Fully aware that we haven't accomplished our goals perfectly well, but still wanting to hold true to the initial purposes. Purposes: Wanting to try to be authentic. Wanting to invite others into authenticity (not that I have it mastered). Wanting to “hold unswervingly to the hope that we profess.” Wanting to invite others into more hope... there's always room for more hope.

Long story short... loved the church in Ohio. Loved the staff. Loved the lay leaders. The church actually has two campuses. Attended services at both campuses. Loved both of them. The church seems to radiate humility. It's so inviting. The heart of the church... amazing. Like all churches it has areas that it needs to grow, but it's very honest about those areas up front.  The position seems very challenging for me, but I would love the opportunity.  

I would like to have the position. Wanting to be honest about this hope and desire. There are two other candidates. Have no idea if I am the right candidate for this job. Realize that by hoping (and communicating the hope out loud... “virtually”), well, I could be setting myself up for greater disappointment. Aware of that, but choosing to hope. Not wanting the fear of disappointment to keep me from hoping.

Will be at least a couple weeks before I know anything. Grateful for prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment